You are invited to nominate yourself or someone you know who is qualified to serve on the Whitley County Board of Education representing Educational District #2.
This vacancy was created by resignation of Delmar Mahan.
Under the provisions of KRS 160.190(2), this appointment is effective until the end of the elected term.
This is a public service position and the person appointed will not be employed by the Whitley County Board of Education.
Board members must be:
- At least 24 years old;
- A Kentucky citizen for the last three years;
- A registered voter in District 2.
- Have a high school diploma or a GED certificate;
- Must be in compliance with anti-nepotism state laws;
- Cannot provide contract services for the school district.
School board members are involved primarily in the following areas:
- Developing policy that governs the operation of schools;
- Providing visionary leadership that establishes long-range plans and programs for the district;
- Hiring the district superintendent and issuing annual evaluation reports;
- Setting local tax rates and practicing vigorous stewardship to ensure that all school district funds are spent wisely.
Application should be completed and mailed by December 12, 2017.
Interviews will be scheduled approximately 6-15 working days after this mail date. All qualified applications received before the interviews are scheduled will be considered.
Application forms for this position are available from:
- The Whitley County Board of Education Office at 300 Main Street, Williamsburg, Kentucky
- The Kentucky Department of Education 502-564-4474 or
KDE website: http://education.ky.gov/districts/legal/Pages/default.aspx
All applications must be mailed directly to: Kentucky Department of Education
Commissioner of Education
300 Sower Blvd. 5th Floor
Frankfort, KY 40601